Hi my name is Ben Adkison, and this is my amazing family. I’m married to Magen, and have three kids: Stratton, Starkville, and Keller. I’ll go ahead and explain those names just in case you’re wondering. Stratton is just a cool name that my wife and I like (we actually discussed this name on our very first date – not something I would recommend). Starkville is named after a town in Mississippi where Mississippi State University is located, and his name is a direct homage to our family’s love of all things Bulldogs. Keller, my little girl, is named after Tim Keller (the pastor in NYC) whose writings and preaching have affected me deeply. We live in Nashville, Tennessee near downtown and we love this city.
I’ve been involved in church planting in one way or another since 2006. I originally moved to Nashville to work at a new plant named 24church. Twenty Four was planted by one of my best friends, Chris Royalty, and I served there for nearly five years as a discipleship pastor. After wrestling with a call to plant for years, in 2012, my family and I along with several friends were sent out by 24church to plant a new church in East Nashville. For nearly three years we labored to see Basileia Church becoming a reality (“Basileia” is the Greek word for Kingdom). It was the hardest and most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. However, in the Summer of 2013, we realized the church probably wasn’t going to make it, and felt released by the Holy Spirit to officially disband. What has been truly amazing is to watch God continue to use our feeble efforts to spread His fame. Since disbanding, pretty much all the people involved with the plant have continued following Jesus and pursuing missional lifestyles. God works all things together for His glory and our good!
Following Basileia, we landed at Resonate Church in Madison, TN to rest and seek the Lord’s will about what was next. And for the time being, God has led us to stay put and keep ministering as part of the Resonate family.
- I’m the Director of Communications at Resonate Church in Madison, TN.
- I’m the Church Planting Specialist for the Nashville Baptist Association.
- I’m a Freelance Graphic Artist (mainly for churches) BeardedManStudio.com
- Is the place where people who support my / our ministry can keep up with what’s going on in Adkison household.
- Is the remnants of a “normal” blog where I might rant about anything.
- Is a repository for sermons I’ve preached.
- Is a repository for book reviews.
- Is the chance for me to maintain a personal website.
- Who knows, honestly anything could be on here.
- The Denver Broncos (I’m from Colorado)
- The Mississippi State Bulldogs (I’m also from Mississippi)
- Backpacking and outdoors activities.
- Gear / Stuff / Gadgets.
- I could easily turn into a “picker” as I’ve always loved collecting things.
We still have to raise a fair amount of support each month for our church planting ministries here in Nashville, and if you have any interest in supporting us monetarily, that would greatly appreciated. You can do so above by clicking the “Support Us” link above.